Well folks it’s Wendesday! We made it past hump day! WOO HOO.
That also means we get to look at delicious food.
For today’s edition of What I Ate Wednesday, after a busy day of classes, I had a delicious pesto pasta salad with rotisserie chicken.
In our pesto pasta salad we have: whole wheat noodles, red pesto sauce from President’s Choice, green olives, red onion, green pepper, feta cheese, and olive oil; topped with a rotisserie chicken breast.
Pasta salad can be a quick addition to lunch or dinner or even as a snack. And it can even be nutritious. By using the following swaps you can give your pasta salad an A+ for nutrition:
1. Swap mayo for plain Greek yogurt
2. Use oil based salad dressings such as balsamic or red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil instead of ranch of Cesar salad dressing
3. Add extra veggies (try 2 part veggies, 1 part pasta)
4. Use low fat cheese instead of full fat
5. Swap white noodles for whole wheat noodles
For great pasta salad ideas, check out this Kraft Canada site: http://bit.ly/ZhsXvr
1. What’s your go to side dish?